Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
I made these to take to our PSU tailgate. Prior to this weekend I had only had this recipe with the peppers being baked in the oven, so I was a little nervous about how this would go on the grill, but it worked out great. I prepped all the peppers in Virginia, meaning I had them all sliced and stuffed, and then just grilled them at the tailgate. So these are a great make ahead snack for any occasion. And if you choose to bake them instead, just place them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 425. They were a huge hit, so I highly suggest this simple recipe.

Ingredients:
3/4 pound pork sausage
8oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
50 jalapenos

Directions:
Brown sausage in a skillet until cooked through. Set aside to cool. Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Clean out seeds. Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sausage. Fill eat jalapeno half with cream cheese mixture. Place stuffed peppers on the grill until the pepper is soft and filling is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment