Sunday, August 30, 2020

Screen Time

We had to physically go to the library to renew our cards, and Quinn was allowed to get her own.

Up until recently, the majority of the last five plus months of my life have been spent in the sweltering heat of summer in Virginia. I would give in to some TV time late in the afternoon, or if it was a good day after dinner. I am not a technology loving person - this bodes well for virtual learning. The past three weeks have been brutal. I stare at a computer allllll dayyyy long. The first week I thought my neck and back were permanently damaged. Never in one million years would I have dreamed this was in the realm of possibilities for my work life. But here we are. I haven't blogged in so long because I seriously have no desire to look at another screen until the next morning. I don't know how people have desk jobs.

First day of work before I had 3 computers and one million post its and notes



I miss normal school. I feel like this whole experience will definitely make me more appreciative of going to work everyday if nothing else. I am so lucky in that my new team has been super helpful and kind as I learn my new position. It has been a challenge to say the least. 


Everything else has been pretty normal around here. When I started back to work my mom came for two weeks to entertain Quinn during the day, and our official year long childcare provider started this past week. Quinn has been LOVING it. She cried when my mom left for two days, and now she gets upset when it's the weekend and Abby, our babysitter isn't coming. So at least that's going well. Current routine means I am working before Quinn get up usually. Matt does breakfast and hangs out with Quinn before Abby comes, or Quinn hangs out with us while we both work. Then I take over at about 3:00 and Matt finishes his work before dinner. We both go in to work about once a week at this point. In other positive news we are surviving sharing an office, but I think Matt is getting pretty close to over School Counselor life...too stressful. 


Tomorrow is Freshman Orientation at my school. It's drive thru style, but I am looking forward to actually seeing students, and doing something that feels remotely normal. The beginning of the school year is usually so new and exciting. I guess this is new and exciting in a different way.

Playing in the rain


Still setting up my office, but my plexiglass was delivered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment