Sunday, August 9, 2020

Summer's End

Today we said goodbye to summer as we have known it, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Just like everyone else we have had a summer like no other. We made the best of it. I think the highlights include the "vacation" I posted about earlier this week, a few swims in a real pool, the flamingos (who I think might be the MVPs of the whole damn pandemic), walking/running hundreds of miles, Quinn learning to read, so much together time (for better or worse), getting things done around our house, and discovering things close to home that we otherwise still would not know exist. It's been a crazy time, and there's been a lot hanging in the air with the return to school. I'm anxious to begin my new position tomorrow (high school counselors report a week before teachers and elementary counselors), but I am also sad to see summertime go. 
Finally got some garden tomatoes

We squeezed in a few fun things this week - the biggest probably being a trip to Burnside Farms to see the sunflower fields. There was also a tropical storm because why not 2020. There was also a lot of playground time. Friday I took Quinn to Target (for I think the first time since March 12th) for some retail therapy. Appropriately, we said goodbye to our beloved neighborhood flamingos this week. We happened to run into the flamingo owner and we chatted for a few minutes, mainly I thanked her profusely for entertaining the neighborhood for all these months and giving us all something to look forward to. There was also one day this week where Matt and I both had to work. Matt and I both now have a desk setup in our extra bedroom. Say a prayer for our marriage. While you're at it, say an extra prayer for Matt because he's my IT department during distance learning. 

The office 2020

School supplies 2020, two stop signs for when we can't be interrupted, colored and cut by Quinn
Attempting to make my own pickles...I'll let you know how it goes in a couple weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment