Sunday, November 18, 2012

Recipe of the Week!




I guess we could call this the Thanksgiving edition. I love Thanksgiving...in case you hadn't heard. Last  weekend I decided we needed to have a 709 Thanksgiving with my favorite sides. We are going to Boston this year to spend Thanksgiving with Matt's family and I knew I would miss some of my favorites, and since I like to cook, we decided to have a pre-Thanksgiving. We made our turkey (obviously) and garnished it with butter, lemon, and rosemary. I also made the best stuffing known to man. Seriously, I hated stuffing until I tried this recipe, and of course cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole. If you do nothing else this Thanksgiving, make the stuffing.


You can find the recipe for the stuffing {HERE}. I blogged about it last Thanksgiving as well. 

For the Green Bean Casserole...
Ingredients:
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp. black pepper
18oz. frozen cut green beans, thawed
1 1/3 cups French Fried Onions

Directions:
Mix soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -qt. baking dish. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions. Bake at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot. Remove from oven, stir, and top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.

For the Potatoes:
Ingredients: 
4 cups frozen hash browns
1 7.6oz. packages butter and herb mashed potato mix
1 stick butter softened
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups boiling water
2 cups french fried onions

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Boil frozen hash browns for 5 minutes and drain. In a large bowl mix hash browns, potato mix, butter, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, salts, and pepper. Stir in boiling water. Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with onions and extra cheese. Cook 5-8 more minutes and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment