Monday, November 12, 2012

Save Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. I think it's probably my favorite holiday. I'm starting to think poor Thanksgiving gets zero respect. Halloween (in my opinion, the worst holiday of all time) is more of a production than Thanksgiving. Take Target for example...they have entire sections for Halloween decor, costumes, candy, etc and then even before Halloween happens those same sections convert to Christmas EVERYTHING. Now look at Pinterest. COVERED in Christmas babies, Christmas crafts, Christmas foods, Christmas decor. Someone has to like Thanksgiving as much as I do.

So I got to thinking and of course now I have a theory...maybe if everyone cared a little more about Thanksgiving (and not the black Friday shopping associated) the world would be better. Ok, yes, I'm getting a little out of control at this point, but seriously. Maybe if we were all a little more thankful for what we have instead of getting all that candy the month before, or thinking about what to get everyone under the sun the month after, Christmas might even be a little nicer. I mean really, how many times have you been to the mall and wanted to fight someone in the parking lot before you even make it into the stores? Now that's the Christmas spirit.

Now don't get me wrong. I love Christmas too, but people get out of control. All I'm saying is that maybe we should throw it back Plymouth, Massachusetts style this year. Remember all that we already have to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. Spend time with the people you love instead of running out at 8:00 ON Thanksgiving to buy them something. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment