Monday, June 9, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Spicy, Garlicky, Sauteed Rainbow Chard
I know what you are thinking...chard?! Seriously?! Yes, chard. Seriously. I know it's kind of random, but we are habitual vegetable eaters. Habitual as in, 1. I love vegetables and we eat them all the time, and 2. we eat the same ones all the time. I saw a recipe on Dinner: A Love Story using rainbow chard a few weeks ago and I got inspired. The [recipe] on DALS, by their 10 year old daughter (who writes quite well), is not the one I used, but it was the influence. This vegetable side is so simple and so delicious. I'm sure you can dress it any way you like to make it fit your meal or your tastebuds :)

Ingredients:
Rainbow Chard (I used about half a bag, but wish I had more...Matt used some in his juice)
olive oil
salt
garlic powder
red pepper flakes

Directions:
Coat medium or large size skillet with olive oil. Place over medium low heat. Toss in rainbow chard. As the rainbow chard is wilting season with salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to taste. See, I told you, super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment