Thursday, November 8, 2012

Recipe of the Week!

Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
This is another recipe from my Wedding Cookbook. This one is by my Aunt Jackie. I did alter it a bit, though. I get freaked out by certain types of meat...like I will only eat chicken breasts, no thighs involved so I had to cut that. I also cut out a few steps due to laziness. Like this was started on the stovetop and ended in the crock pot, but I was only feeling crock pot cooking this day so I crossed my fingers and figured it would all work out. I topped the sandwiches with bleu cheese crumbles and I also stirred some bleu cheese and light sour cream together to make a little veggie/chip dip. You can see it in the background there. This is also one of my dishes that produced quite a bit of leftovers so you might want to adjust the amount of ingredients you use based on how much or how little you want.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium red pepper, diced
14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
2/3 cup Frank's Red Hot (I put A LOT in, the original recipe called for 1/3 cup)
3 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. yellow mustard

Directions:
Add all ingredients except chicken to crock pot and stir together. Add chicken breasts and cover with sauce mixture. Cover and cook on high 4 hours, or low for 6-8. Shred chicken and season with salt and pepper. Serve on buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment