Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Food Lover in the Suburbs

Taste of Historic Manassas
When we were city dwellers we used to go to this food festival called Taste of Arlington...well great news...there is now a Taste of Historic Manassas. I was excited at the potential of this. And it turned out to be pretty good. Here is how these "taste of...." things work: you buy a ticket and it has eight small tasting tickets, the restaurants that are participating set up booths with a few different samples of their food, and then there is usually some entertainment and other random people trying to get your attention.  The most exciting part of this for Matt was that he got to actually try another restaurant than Katerina's. This brings me to my next point. Katerina's. 

Katerina's is pretty much the only restaurant I go to in my new suburban nights out. I love it. It might be accurate to say it's a minor obsession. Katerina's is a tiny little restaurant with Greek food. Literally everything is good. I would say that the tirokafteri, tzatziki, the avgolemono, the gyros, and mousaka are among the top of our list. I mean honestly this place is just right up my alley...lemon, olive oil, salty feta, oregano...you really can't go wrong. If you live around here you should go, and if you don't when you visit us that's the only place we take people. 





No comments:

Post a Comment