Thursday, June 27, 2013

Traffic


Traffic. Yep. Thanks for the reminder. I have babysat the same kids for the past two summers. I like them, we get along, it's a pretty decent deal most days. Well right after we bought our house their mom emailed about this summer. I was worried about the commute, but I decided to do it thinking it couldn't be horrible. It's summer...less commuters was my thought. Wrong. I don't know for sure what it's like during the school year, but this is no joke. It's a fiasco. For example...I live about 5 miles from 66 (the main road to get anywhere) and it takes about a 1/2 hour to get there. Not necessary. 

So I've tried backroads, multiple routes, every type of traffic research I can think of to no avail. I have two other major issues with these commuting animals. 1. The people I call "cheaters." These are the people who cut in front of people who are following the traffic rules. The people like me who have seen the same light change colors 9 times, but wait impatiently while yelling at cheaters in the confines of their car. And 2. Unpredictability. I think that's up there with one of the worst parts of living in NoVa. You never know when there will be traffic or how long it will take you to get somewhere. It's seriously amazing the difference in traffic on any given day at any random time. And I swear that channel 4 news does no traffic report on 66 any day of the week because no one would actually go to work. I'm so sick of 95 getting all the attention. 

On one final note. Thank god for the Kane Show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment