Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Chicken Bruschetta
My aunt sent me this recipe about a month ago. It sounded simple and delicious and that's pretty much what it turned out to be. I cut the recipe below in half because there are only two of us and it's for four pieces of chicken. I also cooked the chicken in the oven instead of on the grill. I think it was raining...cause this summer it's either raining or 110 degrees. I think the bruschetta recipe also made a lot, but I just ate it by itself later in the week, or I guess you could just have extra on the side.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup mozzarella
salt and pepper  to taste
thinly sliced basil

Bruschetta recipe:
4 medium tomatoes
1 small sweet onion
2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 tbs. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix first four ingredients in a ziploc bag. Marinate the chicken in the bag until ready to use (I only had a couple of hours, but next time I would do longer). Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes and onion, mix with balsamic and olive oil, salt and pepper, and set aside. Grill or bake chicken until fully cooked. Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking sheet and top with bruschetta and mozzarella. Place in the oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment