Saturday, November 30, 2013

Turkey Turkey

Happy Belated Thanksgiving blog friends! It has been an eventful few days in Western Pennsylvania. Matt and I are spending Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh with my family, after spending the previous weekend in Boston with Matt's family. We had a pretty uneventful drive up on Wednesday evening. I can only hope for an equally uneventful drive back to Virginia tomorrow!


Thursday morning Matt, my sister, my mom, and I got up super early to participate in the Pittsburgh Turkey Trot (race number one in my half marathoning quest). Some of us did the 5K and others did the fun mile. The most exciting part was getting to cross the bridge, and finishing. The least exciting part was the part of the route that was downtown...since mostly everyone was on the North Shore part of the route. My aunt, uncle, and cousins met us at the turkey trot as well. It was a chilly morning, but after the race started I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly I warmed up. After our race we came home and got ready to go to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. I was super hungry so it was kind of nice to be able to get some exercise in in the morning and then be hungry for my favorite holiday meal!

At the starting line hiding from wind.
Cold Turkeys
We spent all day Friday helping my sister and brother-in-law move into their new house. It was slightly less daunting than moving into your own house, but a great reminder about how happy I am we now don't have to move for a long time. I spent a good deal of Friday night and Saturday morning cleaning some of my things out of my parents' house since we now have space to keep it in Virginia. Among my favorite things that I found are a letter to the tooth fairy (with my tooth still taped on) asking that she leave my money in quarters and informing her that I was sleeping over at my friend's house. It has been a fun and productive weekend in Pittsburgh. I can't believe we will be back in only a couple of weeks to celebrate Christmas!

Congratulations to Mike and Caitlin on their new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment