Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Penn State Football

These past few weeks have been rough for Penn Staters to say the least. As a PSU football fan I have been invested in thinking about what would happen post Joe Paterno long before his untimely departure from his position. This weekend it occurred to me that the person I think/wanted to have the job will probably not get the position, let alone continue at Penn State after this season. I think Tom Bradley deserves the job. But if rumor has it this will not happen. I think it's sad. This is a man who has been offered head coaching jobs countless times, offers to coach in the NFL, and someone who clearly is loyal to PSU.

This is a little bit of a ramble-y post, but it was something I was thinking about and I really haven't posted much since my initial thoughts before Joe was outed. I am also still shocked every morning to hear PSU talked about on Today or the local news. I can't believe the nightmare continues. Gameday was rumoring Tony Dungy, Mike London, and Pat Fitzgerald. I do like Fitzgerald, but I don't think he would leave Northwestern. The other two I'm indifferent on. Urban Meyer has also been talked about in the past. Not a fan. I'm sure he would be a good coach, I just don't think it's a good fit. Just some random thoughts for a rainy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment