Saturday, November 19, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Channa Masala
I'm calling this the "Semi-Homemade with Erin" Recipe of the week. My take on Food Network's Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. I always want to make Asian food, but for some reason I lack all the confidence when it comes to actually making it. I think it because it has a lot of sauces and spices I don't always have on hand. I always scope out the International Food aisle at Wegs and quickly give up, but a couple weeks ago I broke down and bought a Channa Masala kit to assist me. I don't really ever buy kits because I think I can do it better myself. This was my baby step toward making Indian food by myself. All I had to do was cut up a lot of onion...I mean that was the most difficult part. You also have to do some mixing of ingredients and cook rice, etc. It was delicious. I do still really want to learn how to make some Pad Thai...like I really badly want to learn this. If you have any tips please pass them along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment