Thursday, February 19, 2015

Recipe of the Week!

Dole Whip
You might remember in one of my Disney posts that I vowed to make a homemade Dole Whip. Well friends, I did. And it was just delicious. I wouldn't say it tastes identical to the real thing, but it was just as good! I will definitely use this recipe again. You could even make it a lot easier by just kind of making a pineapple float...vanilla ice cream with pineapple juice. That would still be delicious! Take the time to make this recipe and you won't be disappointed. Or just take a trip to Florida, that would be better :)

I made this for just two of us, but you could easily double it, or triple it, if you want!

Ingredients: 
8 oz. frozen pineapple chunks
2 cups vanilla ice cream
12 oz. pineapple juice

Directions: 
Thaw frozen pineapple about half way. Puree frozen pineapple in a blender. Add the ice cream to the pineapple puree along with about half of the pineapple juice. Blend together until it is well mixed. Freeze the mixture for about 2 hours to harden. Scoop into glasses or bowls and pour the remaining pineapple juice over each serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment