Saturday, October 1, 2011

Facebook, Facebook, Facebook...

Now you have to know my title is me saying facebook, facebook, facebook in exasperation as you begin to read this post. I just don't know what to do with dear facebook anymore. You must also know that I do truly like facebook. I spend entirely too much time with facebook, but I'm becoming frustrated. My original frustration came when anyone in the whole wide world could have a facebook...high school students, adults, dogs, babies practically. This was when I was in college and believed only college students should be allowed to have a facebook. YES, I realize this means my sorry butt would be long removed from facebook at this point, but would that really be a bad thing? Probably not. Life would probably be simpler and a lot less dramatic for some.

My latest outrage (and no I really don't care about this formatting business that they change everyday...I can deal with that) is that I recently posted pictures to my account. In the past I could control who sees my pictures, and I had it set so that only my friends could see my pictures, but after I posted said pictures this past week a person I didn't even know commented on my picture. I was completely confused about this. After all, I thought I had my privacy settings under control. I investigated the next day. Apparently now if you tag anyone in your pictures their friends can see them too. Regardless if you have your privacy settings set to FRIENDS ONLY. So my question is...why is there even a FRIENDS ONLY setting if facebook is just going to violate that anyway?

I realize that I choose to maintain a facebook page and all of this can be stopped with a simple click of the deactivate button, but why can't Mr. Zuckerberg just chill out and keep things slightly simple for once? Why does it have to be so confusing for the average subscriber that doesn't have to make a flow chart in order to make sense of the rules of facebook? I'm just trying to keep my job.

The questions that I have been wrestling with most of all this week is do I keep my account? Obviously, I'm keeping my account. How else could I see the train wrecks that unravel on facebook almost daily without it? So then I went to do I stop posting pictures? This is a possibility, but my mom, my cousins, my aunts, etc. (aka my main reason for posting pictures) check my facebook so they can see the pictures I'm posting. It's the easiest and most efficient way to share the pictures with others. So, I'm still undecided and still annoyed at facebook. Am I crazy? Ok, I think I'm finished.

1 comment:

  1. If there was a "like" button for this post, I would be so on that. I totally agree. I'm turning into a fbook hater.

    ReplyDelete