Thursday, February 16, 2012

Enough is Enough

I had a meltdown today. Actually, it might have been two. The first was much more under control. The second: a mess. I attribute this to no snow days...usually by now there has been a few days break from mental anguish, but ll I see is a lot of 50 degree temperatures. Thank goodness for Abe and George and their birthdays.

So aside from my own mental health being beyond repair at the moment...the state of Virginia's educational system may be as well. Pay freezes, decreased benefits, and no more contracts? Basically as I understand it, when I am in my 7th year, I will still be paid as a 2nd year teacher (because that's what I get paid now as a 4th year). All this while maintaining a positive attitude and making sure every student is perfect by the year 2015. When is enough enough?

1 comment:

  1. That sucks... you are one of the hardest working people I know and you deserve better.

    Side thought: Maybe GA has better raises for teachers?? J/K :)

    ReplyDelete