Thursday, February 2, 2012

Recipe of the Week!

Crazy Feta
I'm going to confess one of my tacky habits. I like to go to Whole Foods and just walk around and eat their samples. When I lived in Fairfax I use to do this alllll the time, mostly in the summer when I wasn't working. I literally like went there for lunch. Like I said...tacky habit. So on to the recipe...during one of my trips to Whole Foods last fall...it's next to the library in Vienna so at least I also have the habit of reading...I came across a sampling of hummus and this so called crazy feta. I literally proceeded to eat almost the entire container of the crazy feta much to Matt's dismay. This stuff is seriously like crack it's so addicting. Well the only thing thats not addicting...the Whole Foods price, $9.99 for a 4 oz. container. I almost threw up all my crazy feta. That's when I decided I could make it super easy. I warn you it is spicy, but it's seriously so good you won't care if you're tearing up while eating. It would make a great dip for the Superbowl this weekend! 


Ingredients:

16 oz Feta Cheese (I bought bricks and crumbled it myself, but you could also get crumbled)
3 Jalapenos 
1 Garlic bulb
Juice and Zest of half a lemon
Olive Oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400. Cut off the top of the garlic bulb and brush with olive oil. Brush jalapenos with olive oil. Place garlic and jalapenos in the oven until golden. Meanwhile crumble the feta. Add the zest and juice of half a lemon. Remove the jalapenos and garlic from the oven. Squeeze the garlic cloves from the bulb directly into the feta. Remove the skins and seeds from the jalapenos, dice, and add to feta mixture. Add about 1/4 cup olive oil and mix together. The feta should be in between a spread and dip consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment