Sunday, March 11, 2012

Recipe of the Week!

Lasagna
So I got a little caught up in the cooking process and forgot to post a recipe of the week. Better late than never...

I'm no Italian...if you are, you probably just want to exit right now. This is my sad, but quick, excuse for lasagna. I'm not even a big fan of lasagna, but usually at the beginning of each week I make one really big dinner so that I can get leftovers. Matt has class two nights a week and isn't home for dinner, so my big dinners make enough food so that he has something to take with him to class on those nights. This lasagna is something I used a few weeks ago. I think it works, but it's nothing elaborate. 

Ingredients: 
One box lasagna noodles, uncooked
.75-1 lb ground meat
16 oz ricotta
1-2 jars tomato basil pasta sauce
mozzarella
parmesan

Directions:
In a skillet brown ground meat. Spread a little bit of sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Then layer uncooked noodles, ricotta, ground meat, and sauce (in that order) until pan is full. Top with sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan. 

This could be made without meat and add spinach. I have done that before and it's delicious. I would also recommend adding more sauce than you think necessary because the noodles absorb the sauce in the cooking process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment