Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm Alive

Oh, September. You're back. Blogging has been scarce. I would say September has really hit me hard this year. It's always a little tough to get back in the swing of things, but after a whirlwind summer, a fabulous wedding, and a dream vacation, September is even harder. And you know who doesn't care? Public education.

We have been back for two weeks. The first two weeks are like herding kittens. At my day job I currently run, sweat, try not to yell, make sure people eat their lunch. It's glamourous, really. September at least usually comes with the fall air...something unforeseen the first week of school, and football. Well so far football has been slightly painful. There were some redeeming games this weekend, however. So maybe things are looking up.

Things are looking up here on my scarcely updated blog too. I will return with recipes of the week this week. I also have stories to share about my new found pastime...bowling. And I'm sure that I will have a fabulous BES story or two to share as well.

For now, though, I will tell you about my weekend adventure. Yesterday was my birthday. We went to Cirque Du Soleil's TOTEM. It was my first time to a Cirque Du Soleil performance. It was so cool! Those people can't be human. Afterward's we went to 2 Amy's for dinner. I got the margherita pizza which was awesome. Matt and I decided they have the best pizza crust. I thought the whole pizza was fab, though. Which leads me to my next discussion...who has the best pizza in DC? Matt and I had an enthralling conversation on the best pizzas. We LOVE Mad Fox's Fig and Balsamic Blues. And then the 2 Amy's, but what's your favorite?

Tell me what you think, and I will be back this week with a recipe (not pizza, though :)

1 comment:

  1. The last two times we have gone to 2 Amy's we sat by REAL Italians and they have all agreed with us that the pizza there is 99% like it is in Italy! Dave and I are pizza lovers and pizza snobs after having lived in Italy for five years and 2 Amy's is a breath of fresh Italian pizza air for us!

    ReplyDelete