Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Recipe of the Week!

Greek Salad Skewers
So can you tell this was my first food photography with my new camera? It makes my food look so much more appetizing. I took these to a Labor Day picnic with the fabulous 5th grade team at my school. I think they are delicious and obviously they are super easy...the hardest part is getting the feta on the skewer without it crumbling to pieces. You can also put any leftovers on some lettuce and there you have a Greek salad. I made my own vinaigrette, but I'm sure you can buy some Greek dressing from the store if you want.

Ingredients:

grape tomatoes
feta cheese, cut into (1/2-inch) cubes
pitted kalamata olives
red or sweet onion, cut into (1/2-inch) pieces
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
wood skewers

Vinaigrette:
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

For the Skewers: Thread the skewers starting with a tomato, then a piece of feta cheese, an olive, a piece of onion and finish with another tomato.

For the Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar and oregano. Whisk in the olive oil until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Arrange the skewers on a serving platter. Spoon the vinaigrette over the skewers and sprinkle with the chopped oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment