Sunday, September 23, 2012

Remember This?

This reminds me of that first grade teaching objective about yesterday and today. If you have followed my blog since the get go your may recall my occasional mention of the construction I live in the midst of every. single. day. Well it's finally coming to a close. I looked back through my blog and found a few pictures of the progress that I have accidentally documented. I feel like maybe my little blog might be featured in a history book someday of the evolution of the Dunn Loring-Merrifield area. 

From February 2011

May 2011
August 2011
August 2011


The pictures I have a from documenting the occasional weather event (what a snow day in VA looks like, the city garden, and that hurricane that came through last summer) on the blog. I have to say the construction has been ridiculously annoying being that it could be 2am, 7am, or 8pm and it would still be happening, but we will have bars and restaurants in our backyard now. And while this project is finishing up there is still much more going on... thankfully on the other side of the building. Apparently we are getting a grocery store and some other stuff over there. And then at the next intersection down a TARGET! I'm so excited about that one. That project will also be accompanied by more restaurants and some retail I believe. So my conclusion...I will be able to say I live in Merrifield when it only had an H-Mart and a Rite Aid. 

September 2012
September 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment