Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Buffalo Chicken Chili
I have a confession to make. I go through stages. Sometimes in one stage I am a cooking fein. I try TONS of new recipes all the time. This stage is usually followed by a stage where we are back to the staples of salmon, pork tenderloin, salad, pasta laziness. Currently I'm in the lazy stage. Some of the recipes I post I made months ago. This would be one of them. And right now I can't remember what I did to make this. I remember combining a bunch of recipes to make something I thought sounded like the best option. So this is my best guess. I can't even remember if I cooked this in a pot on the stove, or a crock pot, or a combination. I also think I probably doubled this to make lots of left overs. I think any of the three you would like would work. If only my blog was my main job, maybe I could remember these things...

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cups chicken broth
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup hot sauce (or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook the chicken in a large pan over medium heat and set aside. Heat the olive oil in the pan, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender. Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant. Add the chicken broth, chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, cayenne and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment