Monday, January 28, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Pulled Pork
I'm pretty sure I have talked about "the worst years of my life" on my blog before. I may have also referred to them as "the two years I don't talk about," or "when I was in graduate school at William and Mary." Well, there was one good thing about ye olde Williamsburg...the food options. Oh Cheese Shop how I miss you and your house dressing. Anyway, those Southern people really could make some pulled pork...Berrett's (the Taphouse Grill part) knew what was up. So I finally attempted my own pork. For the cut of pork you can use a pork shoulder or a pork tenderloin roast. The shoulder is definitely fattier and juicier. The roast tenderloin turns out just as good in my opinion, and is a little less work. I make the rub below (it's for Carnitas so I use the leftover pork for burrito bowls) and cover the meat. I think I double the rub recipe for lots of flavor. Place it in the crock pot over 2 bay leaves and cover about halfway up the meat with chicken stock. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve on a nice bun and add whatever BBQ sauce you like.

Rub:
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment