Sunday, February 24, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Pasta Fagoli
This is another recipe that was in my wedding cookbook. I love Pasta Fagoli, especially the kind that Olive Garden makes and I can never find a recipe that seems like it will taste like theirs. I used my Aunt Jackie's recipe, but made some additions and subtractions. I also doubled the recipe to have some to freeze. My main addition was some ground turkey (I used one pound in the doubled recipe).

Ingredients:
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz can cannellini beans with liquid
1/2 cup small pasta
salt to taste
(ground turkey, optional)

Directions:
In a large saucepan over medium heat cook celery, onion, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, red pepper, and salt until onion is translucent, and meat is cooked through.  Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Simmer on low 15-20 minutes. Add pasta and cook 10 minutes. Add beans and cook until heated through. Serve with parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment