Thursday, May 29, 2014

Friday Love

It has been so long since there's been a {Friday Love} post, or really any post. May has never been my favorite month of the school year. I'm hoping this gets me back on track.

{ONE} 

Julia on Jeopardy. We all know I love Jeopardy. Julia has been the returning champion for 19 nights. The best part is she seems so normal. She is stealing Ken Jennings spot in my heart this week.

{TWO}

Fresh Herbs. My garden is growing quickly. It has been so nice to go clip some basil or cilantro dinner this week. Basil really just tastes like summer!

{THREE}

This Contest. I entered this week. I love DALS, and I'm really excited about the potential of this!

{FOUR} 

The Book Thief. I just started reading The Book Thief this week. I love the way the book is written with Death as the narrator. It's hard to stop reading. It's getting me excited for summer reading. Any suggestions? I want to start making my list. I need something happy and light after this one.

{FIVE}

1 comment:

  1. For summer reading:

    -The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula Le Guin - possibly one of the most mind boggling and existential books I've ever read. It's really short, too. It's not a 'light' book, so maybe read something else before it.

    -Haroun & the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie - One of my all time favorite books. It's loaded with figurative language, is a hell of a lot of fun, and is one of the most clever stories told. I did it as a read aloud for my 5th graders for 3 years and they absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete