Thursday, April 30, 2015

Recipe of the Week!

Crockpot Greek Chicken
I think we all know by now that I have a love affair with Mediterranean cuisine. I decided to try to make some shredded Greek chicken to keep us away from Katerina's to satisfy the craving. This was pretty good, at least for crockpot chicken, which I feel like never turns out the best. I think you could use the chicken in many ways. You could make pitas like I did, or you could just eat the whole chicken breast, or serve over some rice. The possibilities are limitless :) 

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breasts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon lemon pepper

Directions:
Place chicken breasts inside slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl and pour over chicken breasts. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred chicken and serve. Obviously I served mine with pita, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, and I also made some easy tzatziki (I just chopped some cucumbers and mixed with Greek yogurt, dill, and lemon juice).

No comments:

Post a Comment