Wednesday, October 7, 2015

39 Weeks

Not much has changed in the answers to my questions from last week. Up until now I have been fine with waiting on this baby to make it's grand entrance in it's own time, but I'm starting to feel like I would be OK with that being in the sooner rather than later time frame. I say that, but I'm also very much looking forward to another relaxing weekend as it could be our last one. 

At my appointment last week the doctor estimated that the baby could be about 7.5 pounds already (I was surprised by this), but it's really only an estimate and I'm hoping she was a little off. She also said I was about 1cm dilated and 60% effaced. I am curious to see what tomorrow's estimates will be, and am hoping they are a little different than last week. Cross your fingers for some progress for me!

How far along? 39 weeks!

How big is the baby? One website says a watermelon, the other says a MINI watermelon. I will take the mini please. 

Maternity clothes? I prefer pajamas, sweats, and running clothes, but I still have to go to work and it's mostly in maternity wear. 

Sleep? Waking up frequently during the night to use the bathroom, but sleeping pretty well in between. I have been waking up early in the mornings, though.

Symptoms? Same things. Terrible swelling below the knees and a tired and sore back. 

Best moment this week? Getting a pedicure! And just trying to enjoy the last days/weeks of being pregnant. 

Food cravings? Nothing major. I just wish I could eat more. 

Food aversions? Nothing really. I still have to be careful not to eat too much as not to feel sick.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach, easier movement, having more than one pair of shoes.

What I'm looking forward to? Matt and I both took the whole day off tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment in the morning and then we are just going to hang out and have a relaxing day off to include walking a few miles. I've had a mileage goal for this pregnancy and I am 1.5 miles from it. I was doing very well with walking this summer, but with all my swelling I can't get tennis shoes on anymore unless it's first thing in the morning. So I am looking forward to finally reaching my goal tomorrow (as long as things go as planned). And to clear up any confusion from last week...I am looking forward to finally finding out if the baby is a boy or girl when it is born. No way would I find out if it's a boy or girl before it's born, especially this late in the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment