Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Recipe of the Week!

Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
I had been wanting to make these forever and I'm so glad I did. They are delicious and so very easy. They make a great snack too. My only complaint is that they are far better fresh from the oven than at any other time. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but they definitely lose their crunch quickly when I make them. They still have good flavor, but I prefer the warm crunchiness of this snack when they are fresh!

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Directions:
Heat the oven to 400°. Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients until evenly coated. Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment