Wednesday, September 30, 2015

38 Weeks

Today at work I dealt with a lot of 5th grade weirdness. First I happened to somehow find myself teaching social studies on a whim. While passing out papers I was asked, "Ms. Flaherty, how is your baby doing? How old is it? I forget." Then on the other side of the room as I near a student, "So does that like hurt?" I mean if nothing else I guess they feel comfortable with me. Then as I'm walking through the front office helping another student, there's some kind of 5th grade luncheon going on (another weird situation), and I can hear them start to discuss my pregnancy, but I'm not really paying attention to them until I hear, "Yeah, she must be having twins." I think my head turned a full circle as I said "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!!?" Then all I could do is laugh. At least the other kids were like, "ummmmm don't you know that was offensive..."

In other news, I have one pair of shoes (flip-flops) that fit. They match almost nothing I wear, are not exactly work appropriate, and are soon to be very out of season. I also don't really care about any of those things. Then there's the fact that I can't comfortably paint my toes and my only shoes are flip-flops. I will be getting a pedicure this weekend. I am excited about that. Alright, now for the stats, and Matt forced me to take a picture...according to him the kid is going to be dying to know what I looked like pregnant. I have never asked to see a picture of my mother pregnant. 

How far along?
38 weeks!

How big is the baby? One website says a leek, another says a pumpkin. It sounds like the baby is between six and seven pounds and about 19-20 inches. Also...pumpkin vs. leek? I'd rather push out a leek...

Maternity clothes? Still in the same rotation of dresses. I can still do some non-maternity wear such as the tops pictured below. I did try on my real jeans...I could do it, but it would have made for a very uncomfortable day.

Sleep? Waking up frequently during the night to use the bathroom, but sleeping pretty well in between. I have been waking up early in the mornings, though.

Symptoms? My main symptoms this week include the horrible swelling below my knees, mainly my feet and ankles, and a very tired back in the evenings. The swelling really doesn't go down anymore. I'm so crossing my fingers that all my old shoes will fit again one day.

Best moment this week? I've had a better appetite! Matt and I packed hospital bags and we've been trying to go on lots of dates while we still can.

Food cravings? Nothing major.

Food aversions? Nothing really. I still have to be careful not to eat too much as not to feel sick.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach, easier movement, having more than one pair of shoes.

What I'm looking forward to? My doctor appointment tomorrow morning and finding out if Baby K. is a boy or girl. TOMORROW IS OCTOBER!


No comments:

Post a Comment