Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Full Term

Full term is exciting! I guess that means it could be any day now, but really I don't believe that. This baby is still invading my lungs and rib cage, and not allowing me to eat like I would like to, so I think we still have at least a couple weeks to wait. I'm absolutely fine with waiting. I'm still very much enjoying our freedom to do whatever we want, when we want to do it, and easily leaving my house to go to work every morning. That being said, I feel like we are as ready as we are going to be (except maybe I should really get to packing that hospital bag this weekend), and we are excited to meet the baby and find out if it's a boy or girl!

How far along? 37 weeks!

How big is the baby? One website says a bunch of swiss chard, another says a winter melon. It sounds like the baby is a little over 6 pounds and about 19 inches.

Maternity clothes? Today and Monday I wore non maternity dresses, but I think if I were to try some non maternity pants it wouldn't be in my favor. I am tempted just to see, but right now it's hard enough to pick out an outfit every weekday morning.

Sleep?
Waking up frequently during the night to use the bathroom, but sleeping pretty well in between. I have been waking up early in the mornings, though.

Symptoms? Still pretty much the same issues...bad swelling in both legs below the knees, especially my ankles and feet. I also wake up with swollen hands and I've had some swelling in my face. My back is tired at the end of the day, and the tailbone and hip pain that comes and goes.

Best moment this week? Finishing up our baby prep, picking out some books for the baby, just enjoying the last few weeks of being pregnant.

Food cravings? Nothing major. Sometimes chips and other salty food, but I haven't caved on the chips yet!

Food aversions? Nothing really. I still have to be careful not to eat too much as not to feel sick.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach, easier movement, my formerly too skinny feet - I couldn't even get shoes on tonight to go for a walk.

What I'm looking forward to? My doctor appointment on Friday morning. Being full term also makes meeting the baby seem much closer and more of a reality!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you guys...can't wait for the arrival of Baby K! I never made it to 37 weeks so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete