Wednesday, September 16, 2015

36 Weeks

Diaper Cake
It's been an exciting week! The main event being Baby K's BES shower yesterday. My fabulous team put together a lovely party in the library after school. We had lots of good food, a delicious cake, good company, and of course Baby K really made out with lots of cute and useful gifts. I'm so lucky to have wonderful coworkers. You can see some more pictures below.


Cupcake centerpieces made from onesies and socks


Over the weekend, Matt and I went to a childbirth class. I was a little bit dreading it. It ended up being a great class. Our instructor was so great, she really made the class. I would recommend it to anyone having a baby in our area. Afterwards, we tried putting the car seat in my car, and then got it checked at the fire station down the street. Thank goodness for the firefighter who checked it over. She really got that thing in there a lot better than we did. 

How far along? 36 weeks!

How big is the baby? One website says a head of romaine lettuce, another says a honeydew. The weight estimation is just under six pounds and the length is about 18.5 inches.

Maternity clothes? I think my non maternity clothes days are over. I haven't tried pants in awhile, other than running tights/other exercise type clothing, which I can still manage. I'm still in a rotation of dresses and skirts which is working out fine, but sometimes I really would just love to put on some pants.

Sleep? Waking up frequently during the night to use the bathroom, but sleeping pretty well in between.

Symptoms? My swelling issues have reached an all time high the past few days. I've decided to spare you a picture, but really my ankles and feet are fat. Normally, I can't even find shoes that fit right because my feet are so narrow. My feel swell so much I can feel them jiggle when I walk and it's hard to bend my toes. I also have a very tired back at the end of the day along with some tailbone and hip pain. I just made my life sound a little miserable, but it's all manageable symptoms.

Best moment this week? Baby K's BES Shower! And a healthy doctor appointment this morning.

Food cravings? Not craving much right now, except Katerina's. I'm always craving Katerina's though. We plan to go this weekend!

Food aversions? Nothing really. I still have to be careful not to eat too much as not to feel sick.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach, easier movement, my formerly too skinny feet.

What I'm looking forward to?
Matt and I plan to do a little 'last minute' shopping this weekend so that will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment