Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Happy Due Date!


It's Baby K's due date!!! How exciting! We have waited for this day for a very long time. Last week at my appointment the doctor said I had a 50% chance of going into labor within 72 hours (after trying to help things along), but obviously that didn't happen. Today at my appointment I was pretty much the same status as last week, which was kind of disappointing. I am supposed to get a phone call tomorrow to set up an induction for sometime next week if Baby K doesn't decide to make things happen on his/her own. I am hoping for a spontaneous labor, but I will be happy to have a Plan B in place tomorrow. And here is what I think might be my last weekly update (I probably just jinxed myself)....

How far along? 40 weeks!

How big is the baby? One website says a pumpkin, the other says a jackfruit. I hope it's a little tiny pumpkin. If you scroll to the bottom we are debating whether the baby will be bigger or smaller than the pumpkin I'm holding. It's 8.5 pounds. I'm hoping for smaller.

Maternity clothes? I'm ready for real clothes to be back in my rotation, but I'm still making due in my dresses and skirts, and a pair or two of pants thrown in there.

Sleep? Having a little more trouble sleeping and still waking up frequently during the night to use the bathroom.

Symptoms? Same things. Terrible swelling below the knees and a tired and sore back.

Best moment this week? Enjoying last Thursday off with Matt, having a nice relaxing weekend, and picking out some pumpkins. Matt also brought me lunch on Monday since he was off and hung out at BES for a little.

Food cravings? Buffalo chicken dip, salt and vinegar chips...both of these were satisfied by one of my thoughtful coworkers this week.

Food aversions? Nothing really. I still have to be careful not to eat too much as not to feel sick.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we have LOVED seeing your guesses! The pool is locked now, but I can't wait to see who wins!

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach, easier movement, having more than one pair of shoes, energy.

What I'm looking forward to? Having a baby, hopefully soon! Finding out if that baby is a boy or a girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment