Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bahamas!


In my last post I mentioned that I was going on vacation. Well, I'm back. Matt and I went to Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau for four days and three nights. Last year Matt won a vacation to any Sandals resort from a radio station. We chose to go to the Bahamas in the interest of having the shortest flying time possible. I was very interested to see what this whole Sandals thing was all about. I mean you see those ridiculous commercials on TV all the time, so I didn't really know what to expect. The best part about this place is that everyone is really nice and accommodating. You also have pretty much nothing to worry about once you are there since it's all inclusive and they provide a lot of entertainment. We went snorkeling and spent a lot of time at the beach and the pool.


We also took a little trip on the number 10 bus into Nassau. Naturally, we had to track down as many historical locations as possible and we also checked out the Straw Market. Taking the local bus was interesting. It included a lot of locals irritated with my tourism and the occasional drug deal, but for a buck and a quarter I would say it worked out. 


I'm still torn on whether I will actually ever pay for a Sandals vacation. The food was good, but not amazing. The resort was great and so was the Bahamas as a whole, but I like to kinda do my own thing and not feel trapped inside a resort. But like I said the people were great and there was lots to do. So I guess it's TBD on my return to Sandals. I would like to go back to the Bahamas. I got some serious sunburn, but I feel like given a few more days I could have evolved it into a really nice tan. And there's a lot of islands, so I would like to see what those are like. Overall, I highly suggest free vacations. I also highly suggest calling your bank to let them know you are leaving the country before swiping your credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment