Friday, April 29, 2011

3 Completely Unrelated Things


1. The Royal Wedding. I was very, very tempted to get up at 3:00 am to watch this event, but in the end I'm glad I didn't. I got to catch the end of the ceremony as I was getting ready for work this morning. I got to see most of the things I wanted to see: Kate's dress, her sister's dress, other wardrobing, and I wanted to know what their titles would be, and well that's pretty close to everything that mattered to me. And really they are showing all the highlights on various channels anyway. It's kinda crazy though, like in the end it's just a wedding for two people to get married, but like the entire world was interested. Way too stressful. About a week ago Matt asked if I would want to be Kate Middleton. Hell no was pretty much my answer and he couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to be a rich Princess who could do anything she wanted to. Because I couldn't was my answer. I think the Queen would probably have a lot to say about what I should/shouldn't be doing. And paparazzi is just not my style. I occasionally go to Wegs in sweatpants. 

2. Jeopardy. I have been meaning to blog about this for sometime now, but today was a special day for Matt. I like to watch Jeopardy every night when I eat dinner. I have done this since I was a kid (some nights). Well when Matt and I moved in together we started playing Jeopardy against each other every night that we are home together when it's on. It's VERY serious. We have a point system and a score book. We keep sore by day and by month, but you have to have the most points in one month to win. The loser has to plan a date for the winner for the next month. I have successfully gone undefeated in Jeopardy since December, but tonight ended my reign, and Matt finally logged his first win. I guess I need to think of something...suggestions are welcome.

3. RAMP. Today was also an exciting day for me. Back in October I applied for RAMP. RAMP stands for Recognized ASCA Model Program. I also realized I just used another acronym. ASCA is American School Counseling Association. In February I found out that I didn't qualify, but they were allowing me to fix a few mistakes and I could resubmit my application. Today I found out that I qualified! What this means is that my school counseling program at Bennett is a model program for other counselors across America! I'm being recognized in Seattle at a dinner in June. I have to figure out a way to go...again, suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment