Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quick Visit



Yesterday my mom flew to DC for the day. She had a meeting downtown in the morning so I left early from work to meet up with her. It actually turned out to be a nice day after some serious downpours. We decided to walk around Georgetown and do some window (and actual) shopping. We both also got our first Georgetown Cupcake (aka DC Cupcakes on TLC)! Now, I am not a huge cupcake fan, but these were pretty decent. We ate the hibiscus mango and the salted carmel at the store. The other ones are still sitting in the kitchen so I will let you know about those later. It was also nice that it was a random Tuesday afternoon and the typically ridiculous line was minimal. Later that evening we met Matt at Founding Farmers for dinner. I highly recommend this spot. The food was very good. They had a lot of options. And the price was not outrageous.

I've got a lot more to update on...including a very quick and easy recipe of the week and my first Girls on the Run team. I'm hoping to get this blog a little more regular again since work is a little more under control this week. Have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment