Tuesday, May 31, 2011

California!

The Lone Cypress, Pebble Beach, CA
This Memorial Day weekend was great! Matt and I took a quick trip out to California. My very good friend Molly got married on Saturday in Monterey. Molly and I met in first grade in Mrs. Andrews' class (I have trouble believing this was over 20 years ago). We also grew up in the same neighborhood. I don't think there were many days that we spent apart as kids. Obviously, I couldn't imagine not attending her wedding.  The wedding was beautiful, and it was great getting to catch up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time.

Molly and I

I have always wanted to travel down Route 1 in California. We took the oppotunity to do a little of that as well. It is just gorgeous. I don't think any of the pictures do it justice. I have a whole bunch posted on Facebook if you are interested. Matt really wanted to go to the Hearst Castle. We were going to make that our last stop and turn around point, but there was a rock slide and we never made it. On our Route 1 day I also found out I had pink eye. Naturally I would get pink eye for the first time ever on a vacation, but I was just glad it wasn't something else. We also took a trip on 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach. This was also amazing. I highly recommend both of these drives.

Bixby Bridge, Route 1
I hope to visit California again someday. It was a beautiful trip, next time I hope it can be for a longer time.





































































 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment