Monday, April 2, 2012

Blogging

“There’s something sacred about reading a blog post on someone else’s site. It’s like visiting a friend’s house for a quick meal ’round the breakfast table. It’s personal — you’re in their space, and the environment is uniquely suited for idea exchange and uninterrupted conversation. In many ways, we should be treating our blogs like our breakfast tables. Be welcoming & gracious when you host, and kind & respectful when visiting.” – Trent Walton

It's Spring Break. Finally. I had to work on Saturday. Technically I was given the choice between Easter Monday and Saturday, so I chose to just get it done and to shorten my work week next week. I know what your thinking (if you aren't in the field of education)...what is it you could possibly have to do? There were no kids, it was a Saturday. Guess what? You know all that stuff you do at your desk during the day? We have to do it too, we just don't get to do it during our typical workday cause we get to stand at the front of the room, or at a table with a small group, or a number of other things that don't involve sitting at our desk all day. 

Anyway, I couldn't help but think as I drove to work about how I have a master's degree and here I am driving 22.3 miles to work on Saturday. Next year I can do it for a half hour longer. I like to call this my abusive relationship. This post is turning into a whine fest about my job, but also during that drive I was thinking about how I wish I could be a professional blogger. I saw the quote above about blogs on Friday night and I really liked it. I did set a goal to improve and promote my blog when I had my one year anniversary in February, but it has kinda fallen by the wayside with life and wedding planning. Maybe I can find some time during my break...which also needs to be productive (you should really see the to do list). Any suggestions of what you would like to see on my "breakfast table"?

No comments:

Post a Comment