Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe of the Week!

Bourbon Street Chicken
This chicken is delicious! I have made it twice recently. The recipe was originally recommended to me by my Boo. The first time I made it I made 2 pounds of chicken, but doubled the sauce ingredients because I knew I was going to use the cornstarch to make it a little more dense. I highly recommend doing this if you like sauce, especially thick sauce. I also used red wine instead of water. After eating it the first time I adjusted the amount of soy sauce for the second time. I thought it was really over powering. What I have below is the way I make it. If you want the real recipe you can find it here

Ingredients:

2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil; (1-2)
2 garlic cloves; crushed
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 cup apple juice
2/3 cup light brown sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 cup water (or red wine)
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch; (if thick sauce desired)...I think I probably did more than this. I just kept adding until it was the consistency I wanted.

Preparation:

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned. Remove chicken. Add remaining ingredients to skillet, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered. Serve over hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment