Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Buffalo Mac and Cheese
If you want to make something super bad for you, make this. This was our Superbowl meal this year. I have to say I prefer regular mac and cheese, but this was something different and still good. I kinda made this up. I really like buffalo chicken dip so I made that recipe and then I made a regular mac and cheese cheese sauce and added it to cooked pasta. Then I baked it all together in the oven. Warning this was super rich.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup Red Hot
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cans (12.5 oz. each) Chunk Chicken Breast 
1 lb. shape pasta...I used the long spirals 
2 tbs. flour
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 1/2 cups skim milk
3 1/2 cups cheddar cheese

Directions:
Cook pasta and drain. In a bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients. In a pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard with a wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in the milk until thick. Whisk in the cheddar. Combine the cheese sauce, buffalo dip, and cooked pasta in a large bowl and then spread evenly in a 9 x 13 pan. Top with bread crumbs and parsley. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment