Thursday, May 30, 2013

Williamsburg


Matt and I have a tradition where we take a mini-vacation over Memorial Day Weekend. Last year was my very first trip to New York City. The year before my oldest friend Molly's wedding in California, and the year before that my sister's wedding in Pittsburgh. This year we decided on Williamsburg. Yes, friends, you read that correctly. If you know me, you know my disdain. If you read this blog, you have probably read about it on more than occasion. I often reference my time at William and Mary as "the worst two years of my life." Well, I guess I was finally ready to go back after five years.



It was a nice weekend. We pretty much just did a lot of relaxing. We walked around Colonial Williamsburg and waited to see the Fife and Drum. We also went to an auction which was fun to watch. Of course we ate at the Cheese Shop for lunch! My favorite! We walked around the pretty parts of W&M and went to look at Jones Hall...which Matt, without any prompting, called the most depressing building on the whole campus. Truer words have never been spoken. We picnicked and drove the Colonial Parkway. Ate at delicious restaurants...all in all it was a fun, relaxing weekend. Then we miraculously drove home with very little traffic and promptly went to buy plants to landscape our yard this weekend. Wish us luck in this 90 degree heat. Homeownership as usual will be giving me another reality check this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment