Sunday, August 25, 2013

So Long Sweet Summer.

I stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays. I really did. I hit peak tan about July 26th. I love sunbathing. So long sweet slumber. While I did wake up bright and early most of the summer, I did have more restful sleep. And the past two weeks that I've had off I have been taking advantage of extra sleep. I fell into you, now you're gracefully falling away. Work week is happening and it's almost September.

Hey thanks, thanks for that summer. Thanks to everyone who made my summer great. My babysitting friends, my game night friendsies, and our road trips to Pittsburgh and New England and celebrating our first anniversary. It's cold where you're going. It will be cold, but first it will be fall which means football and college gameday. And if it's cold maybe that will be a 2 week blizzard. I hope that your hearts always warm.

I gave you the best, I gave you the best that I had. I really did. Even if it meant 3 hour and 45 minute battles over cup of noodles, burned arms, cooking a lobster, driving countless hours in traffic, and visiting 12 states. Passed down the letters and passed down the best that I had.

So long sweet summer. I will miss you and all my free time and anxiety free mornings, noons, and nights. I stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays. I will miss my tan. So long sweet slumber. I fell into you, now you're gracefully falling away. I hate the winter in Lexington. I hate the winter in Lexington. Lexington, Lexington, Lexington. Virginia, Virginia, Virginia.

So this might have been one of the weirder posts I have ever composed, and Age Six Racer probably has some way deeper, darker meaning, but I'm taking it at face value and saying So Long Sweet Summer. (I may or may not sing this at the top of my lungs multiple times between 10 minutes ago and tomorrow morning at 8:45). I know I am lucky and get more of a summer break than most, but it's always really hard to go back to work after such a nice long break. Here's to a fabulous summer in the suburbs with a new home and continuing to make good memories at game nights and on vacations to see our families. And here is to the 2013-2014 school year. It already promises to be no less than interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment