Sunday, June 29, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
As you might know, desserts and baking are not my thing. A couple weeks ago, though, dessert needed to be my thing because my turn at game night had to be a dessert course since we went to the big fish fry for lent. I felt like I needed to have options so after my go to, Eclair Cake, I made these cookies to go with. This recipe makes a whole bunch of cookies so after a lot of them went uneaten, I froze the rest and that worked out just fine. I can't say I am eager to make these again, but they were pretty good. The M&M's are essential.

Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup M&M's

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in baking soda, then oatmeal and mix-ins. Drop onto cookie sheets with an ice cream scoop and flatten slightly. Bake at for 8-10 minutes or until done. Do not overbake!

No comments:

Post a Comment