Monday, January 25, 2016

Blizzard 2016


In case you haven't heard, there was some snow here in Virginia over the weekend. Holy cow! I can tell you that this is definitely the most snow I have seen at one time in my whole life. It's really hard to be sure how many inches we got because of all the crazy drifting, but I read an official report of 34 inches for our town. At one point on Saturday afternoon I had to go across the street to my neighbor's house to feed her cat because she was stranded at work and the snow was up to my hips in some spots.





I have to tell you, the recent weather has made going back to work seem easy. So far the majority of the days have been snow days :) Major bonus. Matt has also been home due to taking his paternity leave after I went back and now he will have the day off tomorrow too. Life is pretty great.


To entertain ourselves during the storm we participated in our first Pat Collins Snow Stick Challenge. The theme was 'Cabin Fever Cure.' We love how our submission turned out. For those of you not familiar with Pat Collins and his Snow Stick, all I can say is that it's a very coveted prize here in the DMV. We also cleaned the house and did lots of laundry and of course a lot of shoveling! Yesterday (and today) was absolutely beautiful. The sun was out in full force and it didn't even feel super cold. We took Quinn out for a little bit in her snowsuit. The girl was so warm and cozy in there she fell asleep! On that note, I leave you with some pictures :)




No comments:

Post a Comment