Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Under Siege


If you know me well, you know I have a serious phobia pertaining to birds. I really can't handle them. I have some good stories in relation to this, including one when I pulled into the high school I will be working at to interview and there was a swarm of birds circling overhead. I questioned backing out. I thought it was a sign I wasn't supposed to be there. A quick google search revealed it's actually a sign of good luck. I still don't believe that, but I guess it worked out.

My house is also located in a bird haven. It's like the damn aviary up in here. I mean the amount of birds is insane. It's also terrible. Being home all day, you really get to know everything that's going on on your street. You also get to know everything that's wrong with your house. Currently, we are under siege. There are birds making nests all over the house. They aren't even paying rent. And now they are costing me money. I'm so mad. Today we did step one of the bird removal from the vent on the side of our house. Next we have to have gutters and downspouts cleared, and then have them removed from behind our windows and roof overhang. Bye economic stimulus. Just rude.


In other news, Quinn's a fighter in the Civil War. That's what she told me after my run today. This is what her uniform looks like. Also the Elsa dress is back and there's flamingos playing a game of soccer in the neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment