Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Straberries


Today was successful. I willed myself out of bed for early exercise, we did school work and meetings, and we got produce boxes dropped off again. This means I got an in the yard/in the car visit with my people too.



We also went to pick strawberries today! The farm closest to us has their strawberry picking on lock. I thankfully got a spot for us and our neighbor friends as soon as they released the times yesterday. They do not last long. You can to reserve a time slot the day before (limited number available), you have to buy a container (they aren't doing reusable ones), and they assign you a row to stay in. I was still slightly worried about how respectful people would be of space, and how limited the access would really be, but it was definitely safe. Luckily, the weather was pretty great - minus some serious wind at the beginning. Upon arriving home, Quinn ate an entire box of strawberries with a little help from me, but not much. Local friends - get yourself hooked up at Yankey Farms...they have pre-order pick up too!


No comments:

Post a Comment