Sunday, May 17, 2020

Weekend Nine


This weekend was completely dedicated to outside chores and deep cleaning the house. I finally figure out that Home Depot has curbside pickup last week...and that they will even load mulch in your car. You better believe I jumped on this opportunity. Saturday morning Matt went to pick up my order and we spent the morning weeding and mulching our yard - one of my yearly reminders that I do not need a bigger yard. We also put the borrowed power washer to work that afternoon. We got the driveway, sidewalk to our house, and half sidewalk along the street finished before we quit for dinner and movie night. Power washing is simultaneously the most satisfying and most annoying task. Quinn was about the best help we could have asked for - we basically gave her the hose, a sprinkler, sand toys, and buckets to keep her occupied and she lasted most of the time. She did demand to get her Glinda costume on and do apps for about the last half hour.


Today was much cooler and the goal was to finish the power washing escapade. Matt will get mad if I tell you the whole story here, but I will just say you can't choose your neighbors and some of you may remember a little feud from seven years ago involving cat litter...well today it was the same neighbor and a power washer. End result is power washing will be finished another day. After that was cut short, we deep cleaned the house and then went on a walk down to the creek. We also ate some leftover frozen cake this weekend after all our hard work. It feels like we have almost turned the corner into summer...minus the distance learning job I have found myself in these days. Someone told me this week that we have been out as long as we would normally be off for summer vacation. That is just so unbelievable to me...it seems like this time at home has gone so much faster than a summer off usually does. I hope summer comes with a little more freedom. Let's hope it doesn't rain all the live long day every day this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment