Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eventide

Eventide: the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall). Eventide: a restaurant in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington. I'm blogging about the second. I really like this restaurant. It has great ambiance and good food as well. Matt and I went here for dinner tonight so I guess you could call this my first blogged restaurant review. Most of the times we have eaten here have been during their Sunday brunch which was seriously beyond delicious. And that is saying a lot considering I don't often like anything breakfast-y beyond Cheerios. Bad news, they stopped serving their Sunday brunch in December. Heartbreaking. The reason we went tonight is because a whole bunch of months ago Living Social offered a coupon for $40 worth of food for $20 and I bought a couple since we loved the brunch. This was our last one and we had to go for dinner. Not that I minded. Like I said its good food and a cool place to go. Tonight I had Virginia Rockfish with caramelized cauliflower and Matt had Winter Squash and Lobster Gnocchi. Both were great! We are about to have some Girl Scout cookies for dessert, compliments of my day job. Bad news for the night...when we walked back to the car, Matt had a parking ticket. He's not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment