Sunday, August 21, 2011

Facing the Facts.

Summer is almost over. It's sad, but true. The good thing is the heavy blow of having to go back to work also comes with more pleasurable fall temperatures and football season. It always makes things a little easier. Things will get a little more real tomorrow. I am planning to take the girls I babysit to Bennett to get started on setting up my room and to get a few things done (hopefully). The activity level of these three may prove to be difficult, but I'm going to try my best. Hopefully they keep themselves out of trouble and me out of embarrasment.

Last week was quite the week with my little friends. When explaining to them (after they accused me of being so unfair for not letting them watch TV and play Wii alllllll day and having them read each day) that I went to the pool and played with my friends in my neighborhood everyday. I was asked by the eight year old (and she was completely serious) if they really had pools when I was little. She thought that we only had lakes to swim in when I was little "back in the day". I was like the 80s and 90s was not "back in the day." She looked at me completely dumbfounded. This experience could only be topped by going to the back on Friday afternoon and while I'm talking to the teller I overhear my little gems debating over whether the person after us was a girl or boy. I was so caught off guard it almost got ugly, but I ended up with a controlled reprimanding.

I can't believe how quickly this summer has passed by. It has been a good one, even with no sleep-ins, and no real days off. I think I made the right choice in not going to Boulder for my usual summer job. Being able to stay here and have nights and weekends off has been fun and much less stressful. The question is what will I do next summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment