Thursday, August 11, 2011

New England

My First Lobster
So I'm finally getting to my long awaited vacation post. I hope you haven't been sitting on the edges of your seats all this time. Matt and I had a wonderful week last week visiting Maine and Massachusetts and a little bit of New Hampshire and Rhode Island. We spent most of our time in Maine at Matt's family's cottage. We enjoyed the beach and the pool, and of course the Wells Historical Center. The weather was great. So much cooler than Northern Virginia. We visited a lot of towns along the Southern Coast of Maine. The picture below is from our walk on the Marginal Way. Its about a mile long path on the ocean. It was really pretty. I also had the pleasure of eating my first lobster...see the picture above.

Sailboat on the Marginal Way
We also celebrated a lot of birthdays last week. Matt and his sister were first followed by his dad later in the week. Matt's mom planned a very big surprise party for him. A lot of family came from out of town to celebrate. We went out on a boat on Friday night and had a cookout on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. I would recommend Maine. It has nice beaches and it's not a million degrees like the Carolinas. I'm also thrilled because I got to add some states to my "visit all 50 states" life goal. Look for more vacation and celebration photos on Facebook.

Boat Ride for 60 years!

1 comment:

  1. I remember being so happy at the Four Corners this summer because it meant I could check off 4 all at once! Sounds like you had a good trip. I'd love to go there someday. :)

    ReplyDelete