Friday, August 12, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Cedar Plank Salmon, Broccoli, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Remember those little lemon cupcakes I posted last week? Well this was the birthday dinner that went along with them. I'm going to be honest. That cedar plank salmon is not my doing. It was going to be and then I couldn't find cedar planks, but I also didn't try very hard. I didn't try very hard because I knew my BFF Wegman's sells ready to grill (pretty much) CPS...so I saved myself some time and probably some money and bought that. It was AMAZING. When I try to make it myself I will let you know how that goes. 

So for this recipe of the week I will tell you about the broccoli and mashed potatoes. We eat broccoli a lot in 709. A LOT. I personally like mine boiled. After I strain it I add the juice of about half a lemon, some garlic salt, and some pepper. It something we eat a few times a week. Try it. As for the potatoes. I only eat red skin mashed potatoes. They're the only ones I like. I buy about 2 potatoes for each person then I boil them until soft. After draining them I mash them with a ton of garlic and some light sour cream. I also add salt and pepper to taste and a little skim milk. These only make an occasional appearance in 709, but they are still delicious! I guess these are just some new ideas for old favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment